On this episode of Take a Break, we’re covering a topic that can make some people bristle – using alcohol a crutch.
So many of us don’t like using those words because we don’t like thinking of ourselves as someone who needs support or assistance. But the truth is, alcohol often help us even in small ways. You've probably ignored this piece of the puzzle because you're focused on the negative effects of drinking too much. But fixating on the "how much" you drink is one of the biggest mistakes you can make when trying to scale back.
Join us as I explain why it’s so important to examine how alcohol is helping us in our daily lives and how we use it to “solve” our problems quickly and easily.
If you’re considering taking a break and want to start feeling like you're making headway rather than missing out, you won’t want to miss this important episode!
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You'll Learn from this Episode:
- Why looking at the negative effects of alcohol is not the best strategy to help with taking a break.
- The importance of looking at how alcohol is helping you.
- How alcohol becomes a crutch.
- The new set of problems that alcohol brings when we use it on a regular basis.
- Why using alcohol as a crutch does not mean there’s something wrong with you.