Do you ever find yourself thinking that a drink or a bowl of ice cream is like a friend? Do you tell yourself that alcohol or food never lets you down, comforts you, and is always there for you at the end of a long day? If this describes you, this episode is for you.
This week, I explain why alcohol and food are NOT your friends and how that thinking is holding you back from creating meaningful change in your life. Tune in to hear about five important things that food and alcohol will never be able to do for you and why you might want to consider reaching out to an actual friend if you’re working on changing your drinking.
Visit www.rachelhart.com/urge to find out how to claim your free meditation that will teach you how to handle any urge without using your willpower.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You'll Learn from this Episode:
- Two main reasons why we trick ourselves into believing that food and alcohol are our friends.
- The definition of a friend and how it does not align with food and alcohol.
- 5 qualities of a friend that food and alcohol do not provide.
- Something important to consider if you think that alcohol is your friend.
Featured on the Show:
- Visit www.rachelhart.com/urge to find out how to claim your free meditation that will teach you how to handle any urge without using your willpower.