What's wrong with feeling blessed? Over the last couple years, you've probably heard more and more people using this word, especially if you're active on social media. Most people don't realize that there can be an unexpected downside when it comes to thinking of yourself as "blessed."
For many people, the concept of being blessed has increasingly come to mean, “Who am I to complain about anything?” So many people don’t want to admit to anyone -- even themselves -- that despite all their good fortune, something just doesn't feel right. But if pouring a glass of wine has become your go-to method to take the edge off, then you have to acknowledge how you are actually feeling if you want to change the habit.
Join me on this episode as we talk about how the idea of being blessed can actually work against you and may prevent you from changing your drinking. If you ever thought to yourself, “I’m so blessed… I have no right to feel this way or complain," this episode is for you.
Visit www.rachelhart.com/urge to find out how to claim your free meditation that will teach you how to handle any urge without using your willpower.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You'll Learn from this Episode:
- How the idea of being blessed can deny your current reality.
- The detrimental effects of telling yourself it’s wrong to feel the way you do.
- How cultural conditioning affects our idea of happiness.
- The importance of understanding that how you feel is not connected to what you have.
- A healthy way to learn how to put things in perspective.
Featured on the Show:
- Visit www.rachelhart.com/urge to find out how to claim your free meditation that will teach you how to handle any urge without using your willpower.