Throughout the course of this show, I’ve talked to you over and over again about the think-feel-act cycle and the idea that how you feel in this moment (or any other movement) is not a result of what is happening in your life. It is not a result of a circumstance around you. It is a result of your thoughts about these circumstances, about what is happening, and about yourself or others.
Your thoughts are what drive how you feel and the actions that you take.
As interesting a framework as the think-feel-act cycle is, I’d like to make sure you use it as the powerful tool that it is to help you achieve your goals.
On this episode, we take a deeper dive into the think-feel-act cycle and how you can actually apply it in your everyday life in a way that creates meaningful change. Listen in as I share a powerful framework that you can use to go from the thoughts that you’ve possibly been thinking your entire life to thoughts that serve you on your journey of changing your drinking habits.
Visit www.rachelhart.com/urge to find out how to claim your free meditation that will teach you how to handle any urge without using your willpower.
What You'll Learn from this Episode:
- A deeper look at how the think-feel-act cycle works.
- What happens if the current thoughts that you have go unchallenged.
- The results of continuing the cycle of pouring yourself a drink at the end of the day.
- The most common sticking point when working on changing your thoughts.
- A framework that will help your brain begin believing new thoughts that serve you.
Featured on the Show:
- Visit www.rachelhart.com/urge to find out how to claim your free Urge meditation.