If you drink more than you want, you probably already know perfectly well the negative effects it has on your life—hangovers, regret, and embarrassment. Despite the consequences, you may find that your commitment to change doesn't always last. If you give in, you might tell yourself that you're weak-willed, lazy, or even worse, that something is wrong with you.
I’d like to set the record straight: There is nothing wrong with you.
You’re simply going about this process the wrong way.
This week, we revisit a few important concepts, with a focus on one of the best ways to create lasting change in your life. I share my personal favorite way of reexamining your drinking—an exercise that will help you get the complete picture of your unique situation and gain a new perspective so that you can finally create the change you want.
Don’t miss this episode’s game-changing strategies that will give you a different way of looking at your drinking—something you probably thought you knew inside and out.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You'll Learn from this Episode:
- Why there is absolutely nothing wrong with you if you find the process of taking a break from drinking difficult.
- The reason why focusing on the negative results is not the way to create change.
- What creates the negative results in your life (hint: it’s not drinking too much).
- What it takes to create lasting change.
- An exercise that will help you take a different look at the complete picture of your drinking and help you create a commitment that doesn't waver.
Featured on the Show:
- Download Your Complete Picture, a 360-degree assessment to change your drinking
- Why Can't I Drink Like Everyone Else? by Rachel Hart
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Full Episode Transcript: