You want to feel connected when you go out with other people, but if everyone is drinking and you're not, it's easy to feel like an outsider. Without a drink in your hand, you might find yourself quiet and reserved and feel disconnected from the group.
On this episode, I’m going to show you why humans are built for connection and how the brain can be tricked into believing that connection isn't possible without a drink.
If you worry that taking a break from drinking is going to get in the way of your social life, you won’t want to miss this episode.
And make sure to visit www.rachelhart.com/urge to find out how to claim your free meditation that will teach you how to handle an any urge without willpower.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You'll Learn from this Episode:
- What it really means to be connected or disconnected with others.
- The downside of outsourcing connection to a drink.
- The importance of understanding how you trained our brain to rely on alcohol for connection.
- The root cause of your inability to connect with others when you’re not drinking.
- How to begin retraining your brain to connect with others without a glass in your hand.
Featured on the Show:
- Visit www.rachelhart.com/urge to find out how to claim your free meditation that will teach you how to handle an any urge without willpower.
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org