Last week we talked about how easy it is to unconsciously outsource fun to alcohol. We looked at the thoughts, “I’m no fun without a drink” and “This event will be unbearable without booze” and how both of them can hold you back.
Today, we dive deeper into the topic of fun and explore one of the main reasons why people feel like they are missing out if they don't have a drink in their hand. Tune in as we talk about a routine that most people develop as they get older – consuming entertainment without much or any effort on their part. The habit of passively consuming fun prevents you from being able to generate fun on your own.
Join us as we look at the difference between creating and consuming fun, how shifting from consuming to creating is necessary if you want to take a break from drinking and become a more interesting person in the process.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You'll Learn from this Episode:
- The detrimental effects of relying on passive entertainment.
- The importance of understanding the distinction between creating and consuming fun.
- Why you should consider checking in with yourself about how you feel after consuming fun activities.
- My tips to help you get started with actively creating fun in your life.
Featured on the Show:
- Download Your Complete Picture, a 360-degree assessment to change your drinking
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org