One of the biggest things keeping us stuck when we want to change something in our life is the feeling of deprivation. Most often, there’s a direct relationship between feeling deprived and getting results.
When we’re thinking of changing our drinking, we often tell ourselves that making such a change is impossible, that we’re missing out, and that we have to keep on living “that way.” However, this is a huge misconception and is simply untrue.
On this episode of Take a Break, we look at the difference between physical and emotional deprivation and how understanding this difference can be the key to making a lasting change in our lives. I explain what deprivation is all about, what creates it, and why you don’t have to constantly tell yourself, “I’m just going to have to live with this for the rest of my life.”
So grab your earbuds and get ready to find out how you can change, and even get rid of, the feeling of scarcity for good.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You'll Learn from this Episode:
- The definition of deprivation.
- The difference between emotion and physical sensation and why it matters.
- Why not all deprivation is the same.
- What causes the feeling of deprivation.
- The importance of understanding the distinction between a need and a want.
- How bringing awareness to your thoughts around the feelings of deprivation can help with cutting back.