Are you one of those people who can’t rest until you’re convinced everyone around you is happy? I know I used to be.
Although people-pleasing may feel productive, it has more to do with reaching for a drink at the end of the day than you might think.
This week, I’m diving deep into people-pleasing and the toll it can take on your state of mind. When you commit to pleasing everyone, you might think it takes the pressure off, but I’m going to tell you why the results you expect aren't the ones you get.
I have also prepared a set of questions to help you identify when you are doing things just to keep people happy. This will make such a huge improvement in your life when you ignore this habit. If you find yourself constantly worried about what other people think, this episode is for you.
Visit www.rachelhart.com/urge to find out how to claim your free meditation that will teach you how to handle any urge without using your willpower.
What You'll Learn from this Episode:
- How people-pleasing relates to your drinking.
- Why it is impossible to ensure that others are having a good time.
- What perfectionism and people-pleasing have in common.
- Why people-pleasing is inauthentic.
- 5 problems that stem from people-pleasing.
- Why pleasing everyone else can be selfish.
- Why doing things you don’t want to in order to please people is YOUR CHOICE.
Featured on the Show:
- Visit www.rachelhart.com/urge to find out how to claim your free Urge meditation.
- Episode #12: Perfectionism and People Pleasing
- Episode #56: Your Opinion of You
- The 5-Day Reset | Training & Challenge