Often, it feels as if the desire to drink appears out of nowhere. Urges seem to come up suddenly, catch you off guard, and make it difficult to resist pouring yourself a drink. But the desire to drink, isn't some mysterious force. It's part of a habit cycle that you unknowingly created through years of repetition, that is now triggered by certain cues.
This week, we take an in-depth look at how your habit cycle works and what you need to do in order to understand your unique signals. We explore three key ingredients that go into forming habits and how understanding yours will help you on your journey. Join me on this episode as I share a step-by-step process to help you start identifying your cues and use them to ultimately change the habit and change your desire to drink.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You'll Learn from this Episode:
- The importance of paying attention to your cues.
- 3 elements that contribute to forming habits.
- The important difference between predisposed the predetermined.
- How the dopamine you get from drinking impacts the habit cycle.
- The role rewards play in the habit cycles.
- How you can break the habit cycle and learn new habits that serve you.
Featured on the Show:
- Why Can't I Drink Like Everyone Else?: A Step-By-Step Guide to Understanding Why You Drink and Knowing How to Take a Break by Rachel Hart
- Download Your Complete Picture, a 360-degree assessment to change your drinking
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org