If you’re listening to this podcast, you’re probably contemplating taking a break from drinking or cutting back, and worried that doing so won’t be easy. Maybe you’re afraid it will feel like a struggle, be uncomfortable, or even awkward and embarrassing.
You’re absolutely right. Changing your drinking does take effort. It will be challenging. But there’s a huge benefit waiting for you on the other side: anytime you do something hard, you ultimately gain tremendous new power.
In this episode, I talk about how keeping your brain on autopilot and only doing the familiar, easy things in life, keeps you stuck and stunts your growth. Listen in to discover exactly why it is challenging to do difficult things and how they help you in the long run.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You'll Learn from this Episode:
- How our brains evolved to make change difficult and unnatural for us.
- Why we avoid stepping outside of our comfort zone.
- The importance of understanding that you can define your metrics for success and failure.
- The immense power of doing hard things.
Featured on the Show:
- Download Your Complete Picture, a 360-degree assessment to change your drinking
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org