When it comes to alcohol, your lower brain will make all kinds of excuses for you to have a drink. These are called, permission-giving thoughts and one of the most prominent ones is, "I deserve it."
You can either listen and obey your permission-giving thoughts or you can challenge them.
This week on the podcast, I'm discussing why thoughts like, "I deserve it" which appear kind, are actually just the brain's way of keeping the habit alive and well. By using the think-feel-act cycle you'll be able to see how to redirect your permission-giving thoughts into something that can fuel change.
I've prepared six questions you can ask yourself when you feel like you deserve a drink, helping you get to the bottom of what actually deserve in life beyond a quick jolt of dopamine. Tune in to learn how to see these types of thoughts for what they really are.
Visit www.rachelhart.com/urge to find out how to claim your free meditation that will teach you how to handle any urge without using your willpower.
What You'll Learn from this Episode:
- How permission-giving thoughts and rewards work in the brain.
- Why you to challenge your excuses to drink.
- How to see your thoughts in a different light and challenge the habit.
- 6 questions to challenge your brain when it comes to what you actually deserve.
- Why you feel like you deserve a drink in certain circumstances.
Listen to the Full Episode: