The Think, Feel, Act Cycle will help you understand -- and change -- your desire to drink, but only if you're willing to look at the entire framework. You can't skip over your emotions.
In this episode, I explain what it really mean when you say, "I don't do emotions" and why this matters when you're trying to change your drinking. We'll talk about the three main reasons why people avoid feeling their emotions, and how being willing to to experience the whole spectrum of positive and negative emotions will help you take control of your desire to drink.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You'll Learn from this Episode:
- Why you might be avoiding working on the emotion part of the Think, Feel, Act Cycle.
- The immense benefits of learning to master that piece of the framework.
- The 3 main reasons why people avoid their emotions.
- Why there’s no such thing as a wrong emotion.
- Why we feel like some emotions are irrational.
- Why, contrary to the popular belief, suppressing any of your emotions is not a good idea.
- What it takes to sit with your emotions.
Featured on the Show:
- Download Your Complete Picture, a 360-degree assessment to change your drinking
- Email me at email@example.com