Many of you are so used to acting on any urge that comes up, whether it’s to check your phone, get some food, surf the web when you’re supposed to be working, or pour yourself a drink. This habit of acting on an impulse continuously keeps you stuck in loops that don’t serve you: you never get anything done, you have trouble losing weight, and changing your drinking seems nearly impossible.
On this episode, we’re talking about impulse control – the essential meta-skill for getting anything done - and how it can be applied to so many areas of your life including changing your drinking habits.
Join me as I share a personal story and the exact process I used to control my urges and manage my mind to complete a project that I was dreading for months. I also explain what you need to do in order to stop your impulses from running your day and manage them as they arise and how this will help you achieve your goals and build a better relationship with yourself in the process.
Visit www.rachelhart.com/urge to find out how to claim your free meditation that will teach you how to handle any urge without using your willpower.
What You'll Learn from this Episode:
- The detrimental effects of immediately acting on your urges.
- The importance of learning the skill of impulse control.
- How I use this skill in my personal life to manage my mind and get stuff done.
- What you can do to better manage your urges as they come up.
Featured on the Show:
- Visit www.rachelhart.com/urge to find out how to claim your free Urge meditation.