For many of you, it is incredibly difficult to imagine what it’s like not to desire alcohol when you really love it and want it in your life. The reason behind this being that most of society labels the act of no longer drinking for someone who previously drank as abstaining.
On this episode, we take a look at why I discourage my client from using words like abstaining when they are working on changing their drinking habits. I also explain why your desire for alcohol (or anything that tastes great to you) is so strong and outline the exact steps that you can follow in order to completely lose that desire.
Join me to discover the dos and don’ts of this process that will help make your journey to changing your drinking a whole lot easier.
Visit www.rachelhart.com/urge to find out how to claim your free meditation that will teach you how to handle any urge without using your willpower.
What You'll Learn from this Episode:
- What it means to abstain and why it’s not helpful.
- What actually drives you to keep on picking up the glass.
- How to lose desire for something that you really love the taste of.
- The main objections I get about losing desire for alcohol.
- The detrimental effects of going from loving to hating alcohol.
Featured on the Show:
- Visit www.rachelhart.com/urge to find out how to claim your free Urge meditation.