Much of what I talk to you about on this podcast – your emotions, feelings, urges – are intangible. You can't hold or touch them, and because of this they can seem mysterious and unknown. Humans are driven to understand our world. In order to make sense of the intangible, we use language to help us describe it.
In this episode of Take a Break from Drinking, we pull back the curtain on how the language you unconsciously use to describe your feelings and urges, can actually be unhelpful. The good news is that once you understand how this process works, you can harness different metaphors to help you change your drinking.
Visit www.rachelhart.com/urge to find out how to claim your free meditation that will teach you how to handle any urge without using your willpower.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You'll Learn from this Episode:
- The importance of choosing the language we use.
- Why we use metaphors to describe how we feel.
- The detrimental effects of using unhelpful metaphors.
- Using unhelpful vs neutral language to describe emotions.
- How to use metaphors in a way that serves you.
Featured on the Show:
- Visit www.rachelhart.com/urge to find out how to claim your free meditation that will teach you how to handle any urge without using your willpower.