Many of us go through each day allowing our default thoughts to dominate our thinking. We hold on to these thoughts for dear life and deem them as unquestionable truths. We don’t even think of examining whether or not there’s something that we want to change about them.
This makes it incredibly difficult to change any habit, especially drinking.
Most of you have a thought that holds you back, a thought about what your future will be like without alcohol. This thought is so uncomfortable (and potentially so painful), that you would rather everything stay the same, keeping you stuck.
In this episode, we focus on the importance of questioning your thoughts -- the ones that you hold on to as the “truth” -- to determine whether or not they are holding you back from achieving your goals. I explain how holding a light to your thoughts and challenging them can help you begin taking small steps toward progress and creating a life that you truly deserve.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You'll Learn from this Episode:
- The power of observing your thoughts and questioning whether or not they're true.
- My personal experience with holding on to thoughts about drinking.
- How you can begin the work of analyzing your thoughts.
- How, by using this process, you can begin making changes in your life.
Featured on the Show:
- Download Your Complete Picture, a 360-degree assessment to change your drinking
- Why Can't I Drink Like Everyone Else? by Rachel Hart
- Email me at email@example.com