As you may recall from previous episodes, the thoughts that you have about alcohol and drinking create your desire, which in turn drives the action of drinking. And since your thoughts are what drives the habit cycle, it’s crucial to identify what those thoughts are when you want to take a break.
Keep in mind, that a large portion of your thinking about drinking come from the world around you: advertising, TV, and movies. Drinking is often portrayed as a fancy, sophisticated pastime, and taking a break can feel like you've suddenly been demoted to the "kids' table."
This week, I want to talk to you about what really makes something special, sexy, fancy, or sophisticated. We'll also explore how the messages you get about alcohol being "adult" and "refined" can hold you back, and how important it is to examine these beliefs and question them when you want to change the habit.
Visit www.rachelhart.com/urge to find out how to claim your free meditation that will teach you how to handle any urge without using your willpower.
What You'll Learn from this Episode:
- How you have come to associate alcohol with something fancy or sophisticated.
- How these beliefs are holding you back.
- Why you believe that certain things are special, refined or fancy.
- How you can begin changing these thoughts and change the habit of drinking.
Featured on the Show:
- Visit www.rachelhart.com/urge to find out how to claim your free Urge meditation.
- S. Pellegrino Sparkling Water ad
- 1955 Double Die Lincoln Penny
- The 5-Day Reset | Training & Challenge