This week, we begin our deep-dive into the intricacies of the Think, Feel, Act cycle and discuss how it affects everything we do. Learning about this cycle was the key for me when it came to understanding why I was drinking too much, why I relied on alcohol in certain situations, and how to unlearn my desire to drink.
On this episode of Take a Break, I’m excited to kick off this mini-series with talking about thoughts. I explain what your thoughts really are, why you are not your thoughts, and why that separation is so crucial to changing your thinking and unlearning your desire to drink.
Tune in to discover this episode’s important tips and strategies that will help give you a new perspective, increase your awareness, and get you unstuck on your journey to changing how you drink.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You'll Learn from this Episode:
- Why understanding the Think, Feel, Act cycle is the only way to unlearn your desire.
- The distinction between your thoughts and your ability to observe those thoughts and why it’s important.
- How your brain is used to processing thoughts.
- The relationship between your thoughts and your emotions.
- The importance of understanding that you are not your thoughts.
- An exercise to help you begin observing your thoughts.
Featured on the Show:
- Download Your Complete Picture, a 360-degree assessment to change your drinking
- Email me at email@example.com