Do you genuinely like to spend time alone with yourself – without your phone, TV, book, computer or any other distractions?
For many people, the answer is no. They'd rather do anything else than be alone with their thoughts and so they constantly turn to distractions: TV, phones, social media, food, and, of course, pouring a drink.
On this episode of Take a Break, we look at how learning how to enjoy being alone without distractions can help you change your habits, including the habit of drinking. Plus we dig into why so many people find this skill so challenging. Tune in as I share a step-by-step process to help you get started enjoying alone time, and learn how this skill can radically transform your life.
Visit www.rachelhart.com/urge to find out how to claim your free meditation that will teach you how to handle any urge without using your willpower.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You'll Learn from this Episode:
- Why it’s a problem for you to be alone with yourself.
- The importance of becoming aware of what you do when you’re alone.
- The benefits of spending time in solitude.
- Being alone vs being lonely.
- The process for learning to spend time alone with your thoughts to help you with changing your drinking.
Featured on the Show:
- Bear by Himself by Geoffrey Hayes
- Visit www.rachelhart.com/urge to find out how to claim your free meditation that will teach you how to handle any urge without using your willpower.