Most people who think about giving drinking a rest look forward to two obvious types of benefits: feeling better emotionally (less embarrassment, self-loathing, regret etc.) and physically (no hangovers, better sleep, being more clear-headed etc.).
At the same time, however, a lot of us feel like we're signing up for a different form of suffering... the kind that makes us feel like we will always be missing out, that we won’t be as fun or that we won't fit in.
Today, I share three unexpected benefits of taking a break from drinking that are going to prove that not only can you enjoy the emotional and physical perks you're already looking forward to, you can also learn to face your fears and enjoy an even better life than you have now!
Tune in to hear some of my favorite realizations about how time and confidence are connected and how you, too, can leverage a break from drinking to improve your life in unexpected ways.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You'll Learn from this Episode:
- How we're used to thinking about what our life will be like without alcohol.
- How drinking affects how much time we have in a day.
- Why you might freak out when you realize how much more time you have.
- The issues you’ll be able to learn how to fix without having a drink.
- The new “super powers” you will gain from taking a break.