When trying to change a habit, have you ever thought to yourself, “this is so much work… it’s just too hard”?
So many people fall into this trap. They tell themselves that changing their drinking -- or any habit for that matter -- is "too difficult" and wish that it was "easier." This thought loop is one of the biggest roadblocks when it comes to creating lasting change in your life.
On this episode of Take a Break from Drinking, I'll explain the science behind why your brain wants things to be easier and how to move forward.
If you’ve ever tried to take a break, only to stop because it was "too much work," you won’t want to miss this episode!
If you would like to take part in the upcoming 5-Day Challenge to take a break from drinking, visit www.rachelhart.com/challenge to get more information on how to get started.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You'll Learn from this Episode:
- Why your brain is averse to doing difficult things.
- The detrimental effects of living in an environment filled with instant gratification.
- How you can deal with your constant internal chatter about wanting things to be easier.
- The only way to get lasting results when it comes to habit change.
Featured on the Show:
- If you would like to take part in the upcoming 5-Day Challenge to take a break from drinking, visit www.rachelhart.com/challenge to get more information on how to get started
- Visit www.rachelhart.com/urge to grab your free meditation to help you manage your urges
- Email me at email@example.com