What happens when you tell yourself you can’t do something? Are you calm and accepting or are do you have a mental tantrum: “It’s not fair! Why me? This sucks.”
On today’s episode, we're looking at a single thought that comes up again and again for my clients: “I can’t drink.” And how this thought can have unintended consequences.
We’ll explore how this one thought can hold you back and keep you stuck in the never-ending cycle of feeling miserable, powerless, and probably pouring yourself a drink to escape. Tune in to find out how making a subtle change to your thinking can help you get closer to your goal of taking a break.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You'll Learn from this Episode:
- Why telling yourself you can’t drink does more harm than good.
- Why thinking you can’t drink is not the only path to starting a process of change.
- How the thought “I can’t drink” works in the Think, Feel, Act cycle.
- Why this is such a negative thought for most people.
- The positive alternative to that thought.
Featured on the Show:
- Download Your Complete Picture, a 360-degree assessment to change your drinking
- Email me at email@example.com