If you’ve been listening to this podcast for a while, you know that changing the habit of drinking is so much bigger than saying “yes” or “no” to a drink.
You must understand your emotions because the action of drinking is always fueled by a feeling.
In other words, if you really want to change your drinking, you have to understand your overall emotional health.
On this episode of Take a Break, we take a deep dive into the topic of emotional health and take a look at why it matters. I show you what good emotional health is all about (and this may actually surprise you) and what gets in the way of achieving it. Lastly, we explore how and why you should invest in your mental health and what that looks like.
Visit www.rachelhart.com/urge to find out how to claim your free meditation that will teach you how to handle any urge without using your willpower.
What You'll Learn from this Episode:
- What it means to have good emotional health.
- Why you should strive to achieve good emotional health.
- Why you need to learn to accept yourself.
- The power of having compassion for others as well as yourself.
- Why vulnerability is a strength, not a weakness.
- The importance of taking responsibility for your actions.
- What gets in the way of achieving good emotional health.
- Why you absolutely must start investing in your emotional health.
Featured on the Show:
- Visit www.rachelhart.com/urge to find out how to claim your free Urge meditation.