Most people out there see their thoughts as an objective understanding of the world around them. They see their negative thoughts as the "truth" and the negative emotions as feelings that they need to escape.
If you want to change your drinking or take a break in a sustainable way, THE BEST thing you can do is be able to look at your thoughts and emotions objectively and understand the results they are creating for you in your life. Once you gain this insight, you will be able to begin changing your thoughts and emotions and, in turn, create new results that are serving you.
Join me on this episode as I walk you through the process of becoming an observer of your thoughts and emotions and explain how you can begin changing them to help you take a break in a sustainable way.
Visit www.rachelhart.com/urge to find out how to claim your free meditation that will teach you how to handle any urge without using your willpower.
What You'll Learn from this Episode:
- Why becoming an observer or your thoughts and emotion is the most powerful tool for changing your drinking.
- Why it is much easier to observe how the think-feel-act cycle plays out with someone else than yourself.
- Why we are constantly bombarded by our inner critic.
- The importance of understanding that you are not your thoughts.
- How to begin changing your thinking to help you change your drinking.