I'm sure you’ve all heard the old saying, “practice makes perfect.” And maybe some of you put this universal truth to action in certain areas of your life – like your fitness or career.
However, many of you neglect this crucial piece of the puzzle when it comes to working on changing your drinking habits. You learn the tools and strategies I teach on this show and expect for them to work automatically or just want to know the exact thoughts you should be thinking to make this process effortless.
I’m sorry to break it to you but it doesn’t work that way. You must practice in order to create change.
On this episode, we take a look at the real reasons why you might be having an issue with socializing without alcohol and how regular practice can make this process (as well as any other sticking point in your journey) easier and more enjoyable.
Visit www.rachelhart.com/urge to find out how to claim your free meditations, plus a brand new workbook that will teach you a different way to respond to the urge to drink.
What You'll Learn from this Episode:
- Why it’s difficult for you to socialize without a drink in your hand.
- Why you resist repeating this process.
- What to focus on when you’re not drinking at a social gathering.
- How to begin believing new thoughts.
- The mindset shift you need to make about practicing.
Featured on the Show:
- Visit www.rachelhart.com/urge to find out how to claim your free Urge meditations and brand new workbook.