If you’re anything like the majority of the people on this planet, your brain will resist change unless you supervise it. Your brain, however, loves to be efficient and repeat the same familiar routines regularly, and it has a Rolodex of all of the justifications and excuses to stop.
Any time you try to change your drinking (or any other habit), you come face-to-face with your brain’s library of permission-giving thoughts, excuses, and justifications that are meant to prevent change from happening.
On this episode, we take a look at how you regularly fall victim to your Rolodex of excuses and fail to make meaningful progress in changing your drinking habits. Join us as I explain how to identify those permission-giving thoughts, call them out for what they are, and teach your brain that you’re the one that has the ultimate authority over the decisions you make.
Visit www.rachelhart.com/urge to find out how to claim your free meditation that will teach you how to handle any urge without using your willpower.
What You'll Learn from this Episode:
- Why you may be having a lot of trouble changing your drinking habits.
- How certain thoughts become more influential at enticing you to drink.
- How to unlearn that certain thoughts get a reward in the form of a drink.
- A powerful technique to help you identify your excuses and change your thinking in a way that serves you.
Featured on the Show:
- Visit www.rachelhart.com/urge to find out how to claim your free Urge meditation.