So you had a habit of drinking more than you wanted and decided to take a break.
You began taking the necessary steps toward that goal to really understand how habit works and started making real progress. You started applying the think-feel-act cycle and now understand how your emotions and your thoughts are connected to your action of drinking. You’re in a place where you’re feeling a lot better and are able to do things that you may have never thought possible without alcohol.
And yet… you cannot shake the things that you have done or the mistakes you have made in your past when you were drinking. You’re not alone. I’ve been there, and a lot of my clients have been there.
On this episode, we take a look at what a story and anyone’s past really is. I also share an exercise that will help you shake free of the stories that you’re telling yourself that are creating negative results for you right now to help you stop spending a lot of time and energy wishing that you could go back and change your past to feel better.
Visit www.rachelhart.com/urge to find out how to claim your free meditation that will teach you how to handle any urge without using your willpower.
What You'll Learn from this Episode:
- What your past really is.
- The real reason why you’re not feeling good about your past now.
- Why holding on to your past and “holding yourself accountable” is hurting your progress.
- A step-by-step process for editing your old story.
- How I applied this process in my personal struggle with my past.
Featured on the Show:
- Visit www.rachelhart.com/urge to find out how to claim your free Urge meditation.
- Redirect by Timothy Wilson